The origins of the church are considered to be in the first decade of the 20th century, when nine Lutheran neo-pietists, excluded from the Evangelical Christian Community in Cieszyn, registered the Union of Firm Christians (ZSCH) in 1910. In Wisła, churches of ZSCh were registered in 1929. After the Second World War ZSCH joined the United Evangelical Church (ZKE).
In 1968 a connection has been established with the evangelists from Norway. A group of ZSCH members in Malinka were very encouraged by their message of victory over sin and a life in sanctification through the power of the Holy Spirit, and they started to identify with the church that originated in Norway since the beginning of the 20th century, today known as Brunstad Christian Church (BCC).
REGISTRATION OF ZSCH
In 1988, the church left the ZKE, associating with the BCC. On 31st July 1990, the church has become a part of the register of churches and religious associations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
THE LAST DECADES OF THE CHURCH
From 1988 to 2021 the church gathered in Wisła Malinka. During this period, fellowship was strengthened between both national and international churches. In 2005, work began toward starting a larger church building. This was finally accomplished in 2021 with funding from the Netherlands. You can read more about the new facility here. Since then, the church has gathered in a larger facility in Ustroń.
In April 2022, the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration approved the denomination’s new charter. The new name of the Church of Active Christians in the Republic of Poland was adopted and the headquarters was moved from Wisla-Malinka to Ustroń.
The church today has 335 members nationwide, consists of two outposts – in Ustroń and near Wrocław – and is a relatively young community; almost half of the members are under 25 years old.